Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Pinterest Challenge "Winter Edition"

.

Time for another Pinterest Challenge!

Well, since I've started this blog, I realized how time consuming and dedicated you have to be in order to keep this up, and since I'm almost always busy with my kids and their many activities, I can only post every once in a while. 

So this is my contribution for the challenge




This is the diy drum shade made with embroidery hoops, poster board, covered with decorator fabric and hung over a $6.00 Goodwill chandelier. 

I'm so proud of this one because you can't buy a drum shade this size for less than $50-$60...what? I can do better than that!

I got all the directions from Kristen's Hostess with the Motzes blog, but I used poster board instead of plexiglass. I probably spent less than $22.00 for all the materials.

This project is one of my favorites so try it out!

Red Beans and Ricely Yours,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. I love the drum shade. Great job and it is amazing that you created it on a budget!

    ReplyDelete