Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Pinterest Challenge Project




It's time for the Pinterest Challenge, Winter Edition. If you're not familiar with it, let me explain. You go to the Pinterest website and recreate any project that you've pinned (which I'm sure is many) and upload it to Sherry's website, Young House Love. That's it! This is a great way to start actually doing some if the projects we pin, instead of just looking at them everyday trying to imagine having it in our house! So I encourage you to get in the next challenge, I mean if I can do it so can you. Now on to my project. 

I actually started working on something different, but I didn't have time to finish it by today, so I have something else. This was one of my first Pinterest projects. I'm not the most patient person in the world, so even finishing this project was great for me.

The frosted privacy window.










This was the perfect solution for me because I had those temporary blinds up on each side of the door and they were torn up from the dog constantly in the windows. I also don't have full curtains up in my dinning room because I don't like to block the natural sunlight. This was a really easy and cheap project, inspired by Tricia from Making it Feel Like Home   and Greg and Ashley from Seven7h House of the Left. It gets a little time consuming, but if you're patient it'll turn out beautiful!

This is what you need:



1. A roll of clear contact paper--$5.00
2. Sissors
3. Sharpie for tracing
4. Template for tracing out on the contact paper from Greg and Ashley

All you do is trace the pattern on the contact paper ( paper side) in how ever many patterns you need, I had about 38-40 for each of my top living room windows and about 30 each for the windows by my doors, I had to make the pattern smaller for that area.  Clean your windows really good and stick on to the windows. Tricia and Ashley both give really good detailed pictures of the process. I actually did this project before I started this blog so I don't have any pictures of the "during" process.


And there you have it, frosted windows!!!

Hope to see you in the challenge.

Red Beans and Ricely Yours,
Donna



4 comments:

  1. I would live to do something like this on our first floor windows. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, LOVE this! I have a window that has a crummy design on some old contact paper, and it's peeling off (it's been there - on the exterior of the window - for at least 10 years, I'd guess). You've pinspired me to replace it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete