Monday, March 12, 2012

My Other Building Projects

Well, I've been pretty busy with all of my building and my son's baseball games. I guess whenever I finish everything I need in my house, I'll be a pro. Here are my other projects.


I needed these shelves so bad in my house! They are the Ten Dollars Ledges by Ana White inspired by Potter Barn. They are actually on sale now, but they were originally about $100 per ledge. Seriously????? All three cost $10 from Home Depot (yeah! yeah!). My kids' trophies were everywhere...on top of the refrigerator, on the dining room table, in the closet! I really need to build three more, but I'll get to that later



My next build was the Balin Console Table. I love this one. The base of the table was relatively easy, but the drawers was a BEAST! You would never think that something as easy as making a box, would be so hard...but OMG! 



Excuse the lopsided picture taking. I'll get better as I go with the blogging and the picture taking. 





Another build, the farmhouse bench I made for the foot of my bed.







Yeah, yeah, I know... my friend told me to at least make the bed and move my son's slippers before I take pictures and post them online.  I'll do it next time, I promise Stacey! 

For the top of this bench, I used the brown paper bag technique that everyone is using on their floors. 


Isn't that beautiful? The talented Rachael from Lovely Crafty Home did those stairs.  I wanted to try the technique on something small before I put it on my floors. 


Rachael has a full tutorial/guide on her website if you are interested, but this is my next big project. Check her out!
 



Well, I hope you enjoyed my projects and if you would like the plans to build your own, you can just click on the links or go to Anawhite.com.

Until next time!


Red Beans and Ricely Yours,
Donna

 




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Keep on buildin'! It AND your picture taking skills will get better with blogging (trust me, I know first-hand ;-)). Awesome builds!

    ReplyDelete